Sunday 24 February 2013

Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

Following the success of Clinique Redness Solutions foundation I thought I'd try more products in the range to tackle my loathed rosy complexion. On investigation I found their cleanser is one of those gel to oil types which I love. 


A huge tube of 150ml for £17.00 seems reasonable enough for a high end cleanser and I read the blurb with high expectations

'Extra-gentle, non-drying cream-gel melts away makeup and impurities. Helps calm the appearance of visible redness, irritation while preserving skin's moisture balance. Smoothes with mild exfoliation. Leaves skin clean, comforted.'

Honestly, it's not so good. It's hard to control how much cleanser comes out and the formula was not as thick as I'd hoped meaning you have to get it on your face fast before it starts to run about on your hand. I massage it into my face expecting it to change into an oil, and nothing happened! I used a muslin cloth to take it off and go again (always wash my face twice-once for the makeup once for the skin) but my skin didn't feel properly clean yet. I have third go and find I still need a generous going-over of Bioderma after before I'm happy. 

I used this product for a few weeks in different ways hoping one day it would click but sadly no. 

I think I've been told fibs by the Clinique SA, this is not the product I was expecting at all and it is quite frankly rubbish at removing makeup. It has also made no change to the pinkness of my skin. Not that I was expecting it to.

All in all I would say swerve this and buy The Body Shop Nutriganics Cleansing Gel for half the price.

Any skin care that you regret buying?

vxo


No comments:

Post a Comment