Monday 11 March 2013

Essie Lilacism


It seems the only nail brand I'm featuring on my blog these days is Essie. But that's because it's amazing! In my eyes they can do no wrong. I love this brand so much I even find myself buying pastel colours-which I loathe-end enjoying them. I saw this a few weeks ago when I was picking up Fiji and nearly bought it, but suddenly remembered that I hate pastel shades. But actually I couldn't stop thinking about it (don't judge, we all get like that about a product once in a while) so legged it into town this weekend and snapped it up.

The coverage isn't great, this is three coats and I'm not totally thrilled with it but it went on quite easily and the colour is properly lovely. It's like a slightly grey toned lilac with that gorgeous milky texture that Essie does so well.

I'm not a pastel convert-I will still turn my nose up at Mint Candy Apple- but I am so happy with this polish.

Do you like Essie? What's your favourite shade?

vxo

4 comments:

  1. I'm always wary of Essie because lots of people have problems with their pastel shades, which are my favourite colours! The colour is gorgeous though.

    Lovely blog, new follower :)

    Georgia's Make Up Addiction

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a shame but not enough to put me off buying them in the first place :)

      Thanks so much Georgia!
      xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like a gorgeous shade, just a shame about the coverage. However I find that no matter what the brand if its a pastel shade it takes a few coats. x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've found that with a lot of nude shades too. I might have found a product that helps with that though. Needs a bit more testing but I will keep you posted!
      xx

      Delete